Sunday, March 13, 2011

Book review: From Notting Hill with love.... actually

When I read the title I knew I had to have this book... I love both Love Actually and Notting Hill. By the way I need to order that movie, I haven't seen it in a long time... Well enough of my ramblings, back to the book. I had high hopes for this book, maybe to high hopes because I thought it was gonna be based on these movies. But in a way it's not, it's a seperate story..It's hard to explain without ruin to much.

Because of my high hopes I didn't like this book in the beginning. This is the authors first book so maybe that's why. If you had read any of my other book reviews you know that I like books with characters that I find reliable and someone I could identify with. In this book I didn't understand why the main character did as she did. I didn't understand her actions, and how she explained why she did as she did. I knew there was supposed to be a prince charming, and I could see which one it was going to be. You might think that is a good thing, isn't we all tired of going to the movies and after two minutes we know who is going to end up with who. I agree with that argument, but in this book you sort of had some very flawed price charmings and main character. I'm not sure if I'm able to articulate the problem, but something didn't feel right. It brings me back to my point about the charachters. They weren't believeable.


But as the story developed and you got to know the charachters better, and you started cheering for some of them. When the book ended I didn't want it to end, like I almost always do hehe. But I did spend a lot more time reading this book than I normally do with books in this gengre.

I forgot to included the author ops.. The book is written by Ali McNamara 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting